Monday, September 14, 2009

Hello everyone. I am finally back home again. I am so tired. Michael handled the chemo well these last few days. We had to wait a long time Sunday and Monday for the chemo to come up from the pharmacy, but Saturday it was there when we got to the hospital. One strange thing is that his eye lashes are already coming back. I did not think they would come back until he was finally done with all chemo, but I guess I was wrong.

Start spreading the word that we would like to coordinate between all the churches that are praying for Michael. Let me start with a little background info. Michael is suppose to have 10 rounds of chemo. 4 of the hard toxic chemo, 2 of the easier chemo, 2 hard, and 2 easier. He is currently on the last of the first 2 cycles of easier chemo. He will begin the 2 hard chemo treatments October 1st. The 2 cycles should end around Nov. 19th (I still have to confirm this. Plus we will have to see if Michael's body recovers between the cycles.) What we would like to do is when the doctors give the last vincristine of the 2 cycle, and right before they do the final MRI and CT, we would like to have all the churches do a healing service for Michael. Having someone from your church stand in for him. All churches coming together on the same day praying for a complete healing for Michael.

If your church would like to join us, please email me: cdyer@tds.net
Give me an email address and contact name. I will contact you with Michael information as soon as we know it.

On a sad note. When I went up to the 7th floor I found out that Emma age 13 who had leukemia past away. I also found out that the 5 year girl Allia was back in the hospital because her cancer came back and she is now in comma. I noticed another family that must have received bad news as well. So needless to say that was a rough day. On the good news side. I found out that a 7 year girl that we know that had leukemia has been cancer free for 115 days.

Please continue to pray for us and especially for Michael.

God Bless,
Cathy

0 Comments: