Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We cannot allow doubt to creep into our thoughts when we don't understand something; this is exactly what the enemy wants. Instead, we must ask God to help us accept that some things are perhaps hidden from our understanding for a purpose, and we must trust Him regardless. (David Jeremiah)

This is so true. You never seem to look at things so deeply and with such meaning till a trial comes in your life. When in the trial we must accept what God is doing in our life and lean on him for understanding and strength. What a great God we serve. God is always there to take the burdens we have upon his shoulders. On Sunday the song Jesus, Draw me nearer ever nearer has meant so much to me. I even download the sheet music so I could play it on my piano. Read the words and look for the deep meaning they give. Really focus on them. Will you stay with Jesus tho you are drained and weary, or maybe feel you can not go on through the trial? I know I will stay with Jesus and trust in him for all my needs.

Michael is doing well today. He has the normal runny nose (chemo nose we call it). He does not seem to mind it much, but I am forever running behind him wiping his nose. Two more days of freedom from being attached to IV's for three days. Michael really hates having that attached to him. He will have his CT/MRI and Chemo day 1 on Thursday. The chemo is Cisplatin and Doxorubin for day 1, both very toxic. Day 2 just Doxorubin and Day 3 5-FU and Vincristine. Day 4 we wait to see if his kidneys have been affected. Please pray for us this week and next. By the time we leave the hospital his immunity will have started its trend to 0. Normal immunity low is 2.3. What a brave little boy!!!

Thanks everyone,
Cathy

0 Comments: