Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hello everyone,
Michael is doing much better today. He has not thrown up since Tuesday. Thank goodness for medicine. Michael is still not wanting to play much and eating is not much of an option. He is still drinking his hot tea, but has added drinking water as well. He has a bit of a cold. If he continues with the cold he may end up in the hospital for a fever since his immunity is going down fast. By Friday he will probably not have one. I hope it will be coming back quickly.

Yesterday the surgeon called and said that he had been looking at the scans with the radiologist. They determined that the tumor is starting to come out of the liver in retreat. It is now smaller then a golf ball. They think the lungs might just have calcium deposits as oppose to cancer now. So the news keeps getting better. We have a PET scan date. It will be October 21st. They will scan the whole body. It will tell them if their are any new areas and if the existing areas are now dead or close to dying. Soon after the surgery will be scheduled. This is exciting but scary. Since we almost lost him last time. We are going to have a special prayer for Michael October 20th. Then on the day of the surgery we will ask everyone to pray all day for him.

I am tired but the new news helps keep me going. With all the running back and forth for labs, chemo, scans, hearing test and normal things like groceries, I stay busy. Then fitting in the kids schooling everyday and trying to clean the house. It makes it a lot harder when Michael is not feeling well and wants me to hold him or just sit with him all day. God continues to give me more strength every time I need it. I am still getting over my allergies. The cold weather is helping I think.

My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Cathy

0 Comments: