Friday, March 26, 2010

Michael is home now and they were able to identify the bugs. He had two that got in his broviac line. I think he may have picked one up from the ER. They did surgery to remove the line from his chest on Sunday and he was started on antibiotics. While under for the surgery he had his MRI and CT scan done. Everything went well and he is now taking two antibiotics to make sure the bugs did not get into his body. Good thing is he is able to take oral antibiotics so it is very quick to give to him. The other things is he likes them. He thinks they are the liquid tums he use to take. Next week he will be going in for his monthly check up and we should be able to see the scans that was taken this week. Now that the tubes are out of Michael, Mom has a lot less work, but aht also means he will get stuck everytime he has labs.
Makayla is ill again and she may have passed the cold to Mom. All in all we are doing well. A little bit tired from the marathon days at the hospital. We hope all is well with you. God Bless.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday and Another Day in Hospital

Michaels still at Motts Childrens Hospital and the doctors are keeping him in for another night.

His scans showed no new cancer which is good and his cancer number (AFP) is still around 2. (0-8 is normal)

The doctors have not been able to identify the bug that Michael caught so thats the reason he is going to be in for another night.

Michael is doing very well though and playing and enjoying himself.

More later.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Michael is in getting his MRI, CT and Broviac lines removed. We will be getting the results from this in a couple of days. This will tell us if he will be considered in remission. He is feeling better, but was very tired this morning. He was so off of his schedule that he did not want to go to sleep last night. Then this morning they woke him up early to draw blood. His line stopped working and they had to poke him. He was not happy about that at all. He also developed a line infection, but once the line is removed so is the infection. He should be out and in recovery in a couple of hours.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Room 94

Michael and Cathy are still at the hospital. In room 94 on the 7 th floor.

They are waiting for the doctors to decide about whether to take out his broviac tube.

The tube aparently has a small leak and he may have a infection in it.
We are hoping they do take it out.
More later.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Michael is still at the hospital. His White blood cells are elevated and they are checking his broviac line for infection. I don't think theyhave gotten an infection. The thought is that it is a bacterial infection. They took a look at the X-rays that were taken and they looked ok. While we were at the hospital one of his lines got a hole in it. The Doctor on duty had to cut it and repair it. They are in the process of trying to get it to give a blood return. Special medicine is put in his line to release what is stopping the blood flow.

News, is they are going to keep him overnight. Give him some for antibiotics. More later when I know more.

Almost 24 hours with no sleep.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Michaels got a fever tonight

Michael wasnt feeling too well and threw up a couple of times after dinner.

He had a fever so Cathy called in to the hospital and they said he has to go back in tonight to check it out.

We are thinking its just a stomach bug or the flew but since he still has the Broviac tube in the hospital has to check that out for infections.

I'll be watching the kids tonight at home and praying that Cathy and Michael are able to come home in the mornng.

god bless

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Things are going well with Michael. He is scheduled for a CT and MRI in a few weeks. We hope that the scans will show that he has not had any new growth. That would let the doctors know he is in Remission. His tube that is in his chest will also come out that day. Michael's hair has come back very quickly and dark. Thanks again for the prayers.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday News

We spent the day yesterday at the Hospital (Motts Childrens Hospital) for what was supposed to be a routine blood test and consult.

Michaels Broviac tube is not working right so he had to be poked to get the blood test samples and an hour of trying to unblock his broviac tube was unsuccessful. We are still consulting with the doctors on when would be a good time to get the Broviac removed.

They did a Ultrasound to check for any blood clots that may come from the blocked Broviac and cause other issues, and we are waiting on those results.

Michaels Blood test results are still showing elevates liver enzyme results which we believe are the result of a virus he is recovering from. Michael may have another test next week to ensure its still trending down.

Michaels AFP ( cancer enzyme) result was 2.1 which is still normal and down from 3.2 a couple of weeks ago.

Michaels Immunity is good and all his other levels are normal praise God.

God Bless